BC Assessment Advance Value Change Notices
Many Commercial taxpayers are receiving notices from BCA about significant increases in assessed values. This is a courtesy notice sent by BCA to give owners advanced warning of increased values. A proper assessment notice will be mailed in January.
The new value may or may not be market value; however is the increased value appropriate? Is your assessed value greater than other comparable properties?
As there are many idiosyncrasies in the assessment process and assessments are not always equal to market value, we recommend you contact a property tax consultant for advice.
- Minimizing Property Tax on Development Land
- Why Such An Increase 2021 Industrial Property Taxes?
- Burnaby Industrial Properties Appear to be Over-Assessed
- Have BC Assessment Over-assessed Retail Spaces
- 2021 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Assessment Of Residential Sites Under Construction
- Should Homebuilders Be Paying Additional School Tax?
- City of Vancouver Land Averaging 2020
- Government Assistance: Property Tax
- 2020 Assessment of Apartment Properties
- Development Sites: Is The Additional School Tax Applicable?
- 2020 Property Assessment Value Changes
- BC Lower Mainland Market Update 2020
- Taxes Affecting Real Estate In 2019
- Development of Sites Under Construction - 2020
- Land Averaging For 2019 Property Tax In Vancouver
- 2019 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Understanding B.C.'s Proportional Representation Referendum (PPTX)
- Amacon Update
- Vancouver Vacancy Tax
- 2018 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Misconceptions within the Property Assessment Process
- Mayor's Council Proposal for Funding Transit
- Resolving Disputes - A New Approach
- Mixed Use Properties - Potential reclassification for Property Taxation
- Classification of Mixed Use Properties September 2016 Update
- Possible Effects of FIT on Assessments
- BC Foreign Investors Tax
- NAIOP Industrial Panel
- Classification of Mixed Use Sites - Part 2
- Opportunities for Brokers
- Valuation of Properties Under Construction
- Is Assessed Value Equal to Market Value?
- Civil Resolution Tribunal Update - October 2014
- Assessment Appeal Board Changes Classification for Mixed Use Development Sites
- Strata Civil Resolution Tribunal Update
- Reviewing Appraisals - Download
- Resolving a Rental Dispute
- How are School Taxes Calculated? | doc