Strata Dispute Resolution
The current Strata Act allows owners and strata corporations to take their disputes to arbitration rather than the courts. Do many use this quick and inexpensive approach today?
In late 2013 or early 2014, strata disputes will be handled under the provisions of Bill 44, Civil Resolution Tribunal Act.
Until then, arbitration is the quickest and cheapest way to resolve disputes and pre-arbitration discussion can assist in achieving that end and identifying issues.
I and other members of the BC Arbitration and Mediation Institute are very capable of assisting in this process, which can save your property managers and strata council’s significant time and energy.
My qualifications include:
- Degree in Real Estate
- Qualified Real Estate Appraiser for over 3 decades
- Certified Arbitrator [ C.Arb ]
- Past president of the Canadian Property Tax Association
- Current board member of the BC Arbitration and Mediation Institute
- Current Owner of a Strata unit
- Member of Council for a Strata Corporation at Whistler for 4 years
- Member of the "Restoration subcommittee" for the last 2 years for Strata at ArbutusVillage
- Appeared as expert witness in front of many tribunals and Supreme Court.
If you would like to learn more about this process, please contact me.
- Minimizing Property Tax on Development Land
- Why Such An Increase 2021 Industrial Property Taxes?
- Burnaby Industrial Properties Appear to be Over-Assessed
- Have BC Assessment Over-assessed Retail Spaces
- 2021 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Assessment Of Residential Sites Under Construction
- Should Homebuilders Be Paying Additional School Tax?
- City of Vancouver Land Averaging 2020
- Government Assistance: Property Tax
- 2020 Assessment of Apartment Properties
- Development Sites: Is The Additional School Tax Applicable?
- 2020 Property Assessment Value Changes
- BC Lower Mainland Market Update 2020
- Taxes Affecting Real Estate In 2019
- Development of Sites Under Construction - 2020
- Land Averaging For 2019 Property Tax In Vancouver
- 2019 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Understanding B.C.'s Proportional Representation Referendum (PPTX)
- Amacon Update
- Vancouver Vacancy Tax
- 2018 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Misconceptions within the Property Assessment Process
- Mayor's Council Proposal for Funding Transit
- Resolving Disputes - A New Approach
- Mixed Use Properties - Potential reclassification for Property Taxation
- Classification of Mixed Use Properties September 2016 Update
- Possible Effects of FIT on Assessments
- BC Foreign Investors Tax
- NAIOP Industrial Panel
- Classification of Mixed Use Sites - Part 2
- Opportunities for Brokers
- Valuation of Properties Under Construction
- Is Assessed Value Equal to Market Value?
- Civil Resolution Tribunal Update - October 2014
- Assessment Appeal Board Changes Classification for Mixed Use Development Sites
- Strata Civil Resolution Tribunal Update
- Reviewing Appraisals - Download
- Resolving a Rental Dispute
- How are School Taxes Calculated? | doc